Auntie Prescy makes it! I would lick the pot every she makes the frosting! It's that good! And really simple to make!
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c cocoa
2 T cornstarch
1 c milk
1 T butter
1 t vanilla
Mix all dry. Add milk in a steady stream. Make sure there are no lumps. Cook till it begins to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in butter to finish (gives it that sheen) and stir in vanilla extract.
------------------------------
Chocolate Cake
Stage I
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
1 1/2 c butter
3 c sugar
3 eggs
Stage II
Add dry ingredients.
3 1/4 c APF or Cake Flour (there will be a slight difference in texture)
3/4 t salt
3/4 c cocoa
3 t baking powder
3 t baking soda
Fold in 1 c of sour cream (store bought or make your own, mayo is a good sub too)
1/2 c milk
1/2 water
1 T vinegar
Let it sit until you're ready to mix.
Add 1 1/2 c boiling water to finish.
Pour in a 13x9 greased plan.
Bake at 350F until done (about 1 hour).
Stage I
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
1 1/2 c butter
3 c sugar
3 eggs
Stage II
Add dry ingredients.
3 1/4 c APF or Cake Flour (there will be a slight difference in texture)
3/4 t salt
3/4 c cocoa
3 t baking powder
3 t baking soda
Fold in 1 c of sour cream (store bought or make your own, mayo is a good sub too)
1/2 c milk
1/2 water
1 T vinegar
Let it sit until you're ready to mix.
Add 1 1/2 c boiling water to finish.
Pour in a 13x9 greased plan.
Bake at 350F until done (about 1 hour).
--------------------------------------
Semi-Homemade Option
Use store bought Devil's Food Cake (I like Duncan Heinz).
Follow directions on the box.
Add 1 c of Mayo or Sour Cream. (honestly, I prefer Mayo. Keeps the cake soft and moist!)
Bake as directed.
Frost.
Use store bought Devil's Food Cake (I like Duncan Heinz).
Follow directions on the box.
Add 1 c of Mayo or Sour Cream. (honestly, I prefer Mayo. Keeps the cake soft and moist!)
Bake as directed.
Frost.
-------------------------------------
So does anybody have the recipe for the caramel filling?
1 comment:
Hi! I tried making this and my cake overflowed. When you say finish with 1 and 1/2 c. boiling water, what exactly do you mean? Should I add it to the batter or do you mean cook the cake in a boiling water bath? Thanks!
I've been looking for the recipe for the cookie monster chocolate cake forever :-)
Post a Comment