Sunday, April 01, 2007

And Find I'm King Of The Hill

I had quite a lot to eat today! I started with brunch with Melissa and Jill in Astoria in one of the neighborhood diner. Then I met up with my Frederick, Jun and Kuya Jay at Chikalicious again for yummy desserts and wine.

I met up with my old friend, Chris, for dinner. I met Chris a long time ago in one of the student confereces that I attended in college. I got to see him a couple of years back and we kept in touch. He told me to meet him at the lobby of workplace in the meatpacking district then he'll take me to dinner in the area. Before we had dinner, he showed me around his office building and wow! It must be a great place to work... perhaps it's the best place to work! They have a cafeteria where they don't have to pay anything when they get food. They have a gym, a spa, a break room that has all the treats and all sorts of drinks... he works for Google! I guess it's true huh? Google is indeed the best place to work!

He took me to Pastis for dinner. Which was great! Frederick recommended it but I was just putting it off because it's a type place you'll enjoy with great company. I eat alone a lot but I didn't want to do that at Pastis! And I was right! It wasn't a place for a lone diner. The atmosphere was fun and the helpings were pretty big so it'll be great to have other people to share them with! Between Chris and myself, we finished a small terrine of chicken liver and foie (which tasted more like chicken liver than foie) with frisee salad and grilled brioche (it wasn't as buttery as I wanted it but I like the grilled favor), calamari with harissa aioli and marinara sauce (I didn't even touch the marinara!), arugula salad with lemon vin and shaved parmesan, salad with grilled ahi tuna and the yummiest, croque monsieur! Melted gruyere all over my ham and cheese? One of the best bistro food I've had! Thanks, Chris!!!

Oh... guess what, two days later I went back with my cousins, this time I tried their famous mussel steamers! I think it had some white wine, I could smell it but it wasn't very overpowering. They smelled very pristine. Of course they tasted very good too!
I finished an entire pot all by myself! I can't help it, I just had to eat like I'm King Of The Hill!

-------------------------
Pastis Cafe
9 Ninth Ave, (cor Little West 12th street)
New York, NY
(212) 929-4844

It's down the street from Spice Market

No comments: