Monday, April 02, 2007

A Taste of Bouchon Bakery

After a our brunch at Norma's we decided to walk to the Time Warner Center. I've never been here before. I don't think it was there during my last trip to New York. Now I wonder what was there before. New York seems congested. I don't know how they find more spaces to build on.

There are a number of restaurants in this building like Per Se, Masa and Cafe Gray. We were just walking around when we saw some delicious treats at Bouchon Bakery. We couln't help but buy some, full as we are from a big brunch. We picked a few to try. We tried the flourless chocolate cake (it was a little too dense for me), hazelnut mousse (it was just ok, i didn't quite remember how it tasted), i liked the banana caramel mousse (it had feuilletine in the middle which I really enjoyed, it had a quenelle garnish which was just plain peanut butter). We also tried a couple of their own oreo cookies, the cream filling was good, just like our old time favorite oreo but the cookie part was a little too salty for me.

Did we just order all the wrong things? It's a TK establishment. Their treats are supposed to be really good.

No comments: