Monday, April 02, 2007

Top Of The Heap

Brunch at Norma's of Le Parker Meridien! That was my cousins announcement as we were planning out day. I've never been there or never really read up about it. I just wanted to be surprised with another great meal just like what with had in the other new york food places we've been to the past few days.

I was coming from a coffee date with my friend Erika from the upper east side so I just hopped on a crosstown bus on 60th all the way to West End then took the 57 bus which dropped me off right by Le Parker Meridien which was on 57th between 6th and 7th! Perfect!

We immediately got a table and studied the menu. We were greeted by a shot of a fruit smoothy. Then we went on and ordered our drinks. We all got freshly squeezed orange juice. It was $7 but it was refillable. It really tasted freshly squeezed and was at room temp. Just like how I would like to enjoy my orange juice. Looks like we're off to a head start. My cousin said that Norma's is highly acclaimed for breakfast food. It's one of the best breakfast places in town! Hmmmm... setting up my expectations!

The menu had very interesting items. We ordered: Waz-Za (described as fruit inside, fruit outside waffle... fruit outside was more like a smoothie, interesting brulee top), Real-Men-Do-Eat-Quiche (i liked the crust!), Flat-As-A-Pancake Crabcake (Mels, yours are better! I mean, they were ok, but the type I don't remember after the meal), Potato Pancakes (I like the cranberry apple sauce, I couldn't figure out the other one, it tasted like spiced pumpkin, the menu says it's sweet carrot), I personally ordered the Artichoked Benedict. I like it that the poached eggs sat on artichokes. The sauce was pretty tasty... but my potatoes are under! That kind of really ticked me off.

I finished my meal with a hot chocolate which was served with an entire ramekin of sweet whipped cream! I would typically think it's a good thing to have lots of cream, but I wouldn't need that much! The hot chocolate was sweet and creamy enough. I had my really good, freshly squeezed, served at room temp OJ to cheer me up. So it wasn't too bad except that I don't think it's top of the heap!

No comments: