
Eating at a diner is as new yorker as an investment banker. My cousin Frederick took us here after we picked up his brothers from a delayed red-eye flight which arrived at 4am instead of 1am. From JFK airport, we headed directly to Chelsea for an NYC diner breakfast. He took us to Empire Diner where locals go for hmmm... breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Country Fried Chicken, Poached Eggs, Steak-Au-Poivre, Fruits and Yougurt, Malt Shakes... I can go on and on and on. I liked the Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes which was very creamy and tangy at the same time. Because of places like the Empire Diner, New York can afford to never sleep. People from all walks, well pretty much, walk in to this diner... some are drunk, some are loud, some are rushing to work, some just got off work. So NYC!
----------------
photo grabbed from
www.nyc-architecture.com
1 comment:
my brave and wise girl, I am very proud of you. love you, mama
Post a Comment