Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Typical Family Meal at Chez Panisse is Not Very Typical




Typical family meal is not very typical. I’ve worked and staged at other restaurants and so far, Chez Panisse fed me the best family meal I’ve ever had. I don’t blame other people for volunteering to work at Chez to get a taste of their family meal.

Soup: Tomato Bisque

Salad: Baby Arugula with Pine Nuts and Yogurt Vinaigrette

Fish: Baked Halibut on Lemon Verbena

Meat: Sautéed Duck Breasts with Peanut Sauce

Dessert: Chocolate Pave Cake with Cognac Cream, Fresh Fruits

Ice Cream/Sorbet: Mayber Lemon Sorbet, Vanilla Bean, Honey Muscat, Mulberry

Beverage: Sparkling or Still bottled water from Italy, Fresh ground and brewed coffee, (on
somedays, we even have wine).

On some better days, the cooks will even bring some of their prepared dishes from home or something extra cooked from their station. Emily, one of the friends I’ve made there would make cinnamon sugar rolls from left over pizza dough. They’re awesome too!

No comments: