Thursday, January 18, 2007

NYR#1 - Reduce Clutter



Originally uploaded by Namee.
I'm normally organized. But there are thirty thousand things around me that I feel stuck in a mess... perhaps it's an organized mess because I still know where to find my stuff. Like I would know that I kept a mail that I have to attend to under a pile of school papers. I know that I kept my stamps between the pages of my 2006 planner that I already shelved. And that I left my phone on my bed under the shirt I plan to wear tomorrow. But still, it's a mess.

Today, I got it done. Yei! It feels good. I feel that if I can get my room organized, I can get my life organized. I was able to free up some space. I posted some of my books for sale online. I picked out old clothes I can donate for a cause like the salvation army maybe. I filed schoolwork from last term (but that needs some internal audit, i mean, do I really need to keep all of them?)

It feels great to have one of my resolutions done. Now I just have to keep 'em.

No comments: