I think it's almost quintessential Filipina to wear pearls. I wear pearls almost all the time. Although when I travel especially when I'm taking public tranportation, I just use the fancy ones. Those that I won't feel bad losing.
I was at Borders today on N State St., (on State and Randolph), the lady at the coffee bar complemented my eyeglasses and my earrings. She said I look very nice in my earrings and asked if she can have them. So without hesitation I took them off and handed them over to her. She said she'll buy me coffee for being so nice and making her smile. As I was insisting on the payment, she was returning the earrings to me. So I refused and told her she can have them and I mean it. She was very happy and said, 'I don't know why people steal small things when they can actually get it if they ask nicely."
I just smiled. I walked away happily with my big cup of capuccino knowing that I touched someone, somehow, in a special way.
No comments:
Post a Comment