Wednesday, January 24, 2007

IT Employment Outlook in 2007 - very promising!

I got this article in my email today from monster.com. Yes it's about IT employment and yes, my resume is still out there, waiting for the perfect IT (perfect by my own personal definition) that I can consider.

I took MIS when I was in college because of the demand for IT graduates back then. I worked for a great company after graduation from college. It was a great experience. I probably wouldn't have the though processing and task orientation today had I not done the job that I did for the company I worked for.

But after 5 years, I decided it's time for me to do what I've always wanted. I grew up in a restaurant. Almost literally. Cooking is in my blood. Since I was that little fat kid in the kitchen, I've always wated to cook. But I wanted to go pro. So going to Culinary School was really on my list. But I knew I have to go to college first, take a 'real' degree and have a 'real' job. And then I can decide if I still want to do this whole culinary thing. And I did.

So I started over. Now I'm a quarter away from finishing school and I have a job waiting for me in San Francisco. But just like anybody starting over, there's the issue of economics. Money does matter. Culinary School is an investment. How do I break even?

This article about IT Employment Outlook in 2007 is making me think it over.

But my heart is where I am now. I guess I will just have to pay the price for pursuing my passion. And work towards one day making what I may be losing now not being in IT.

But perhaps I can still do IT part time. I guess it's time... it's time for me to update my resume.

No comments: