I was so excited when I saw the long white shores of Boracay from the plane. It only takes 35 minutes from Manila to Boracay. I can't wait to hit the beach and play with it's fine white sand. It's so fine and white, it feels like flour almost!Day 1 was still a bit cloudy. Typhoon just went by. Some houses were destroyed. Some boats were blown away. Some lost loved ones. But one thing I admire about Filipinos is their ability to face the situation and move on. They went out with brooms to clean their surroundings. They started rebuilding what was destroyed. And life on the island goes on.
The next few days are a lot better. The sun was out. The sky was blue. It was time to play! We did a lot of things on this trip. I rode the parao. My friends parasailed. We went up Mt. Luho via ATV. And then we did the staples: massage on the beach, foot-spa on the beach, dinner and drinks on the beach, beer, beer, beer and more beer on the beach.
Away from it or on it, Boracay is beautiful. It's a little more commercialized thanI remember. Hotels are being constructed left and right. D'mall is the place to be. D'talipapa is on its new concrete site. Food is more expensive. I must say it has gotten very touristy.
I've been to other virgin beaches in the Philippines where there's nothing else to enjoy but the beauty of it, the colors in the sky at dusk, the noise that the waves make, the smell of the ocean, the whispers of the wind.But Boracay has its own charm. I can't help it. I just love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment