I had the same task today except that not only did I have to do Fry. I had to run Shell too.
It wasn't too bad because I had Oscar to help me who's very reliable and so easy to teach. Tomorrow, I'm actually planning on teaching him how to do they fry stuff so we can switch roles every so often.
I made the tomato oil tonight. I never made it before but it turned out alright. My GM-teammate Mike was offended that I had to check with 3 other people how to make it. I didn't mean any offense though but I just wanted to make the standard one. I asked Chef Peter and he started talking about cooking tomato paste which wasn't in the other 2 recipes that I got from 2 other people.
Finally, I got a standard recipe:
TOMATO OIL
1 pt of chopped sun dried tomatoes (strain out the original oil from the bottle)
1 qt of canola oil
salt TT
Blend all ingredients then drain thru cheese cloth over fine chinois.
Yield was about 1 1/2 quarts.
I used to think Fridays at Aqua are crazy but it hasn't been too bad the past couple of Fridays. Some Sundays were actually busier. It was good that we weren't too busy though because we got some projects done which means the weekend prep won't be too bad.
I must admit I wasn't at my best mood today. I was a little exasperated and a little exhausted, a little recipe to a grumpy old namee.
As I process my day though, I'm beginning to realize that the world will not end if I take a few things with a some careless disregard. That way, I can spare some energy to give away a smile or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment