Saturday, August 26, 2006

08/24/2006 Finally A Day Off!

I wasn't really intending on planning to do something today other than getting lost in the city and finding my way around. For me, it has been the best way to get to know the city.

I met up with my friend Anna for lunch but we haven't seen each other in a long time so lunch was longer than usual. It was great catchinig up with her over Duck Fried Rice, Thai Skirt Steak and some fish cake with Kefir Lime. Kefir seems very distinctly Thai. It's sweet and tangy at the same time.

Later I met up with Jun Aquino at a cafe on top of Nordstrom in Union Square, Jun is my cousin's cousin and is so much like my cousin already. I was already full so I just had a goat cheese tart with leeks and bacon (which was too smokey so the tart tasted more bacony than goat-cheesey). I liked my dessert of Chocolate Mousse and Chocolate Cake though with Caramel Sauce and Toffee crumbles. Yum!

We just walked around town. We stepped into Chinatown but we stepped out of it after 2 minutes. We figured it's just like any other chinatown we've been to in other big cities. We went home and decided to make dinner instead.

I cooked some rib-eye with a side of roasted asparagus on the side. I also made some protabello mushroom steak that I topped with brie slices and drizzled with balsamic reduction.

It took us about 10 minutes to make our dinner. He had some good wine at home to complete the dinner.

We were both craving for a nice piece of steak for the longest time.

Hits the spot!

No comments: