2 - I'll get to work with Acacia and Brian, people I loved working with at Aqua. I learned so much from them
3 - I miss fine dining. After working at 2 other restaurants that are just as fast paced but are not really fine dining restaurants, I started missing the logistical nightmare of working in a fine dining kitchen... coordinating plates, timing everything fired at the same time, fine chiffonades and perfect micro brunois.
4 - I miss the seasonal menu of California Cuisine. I like witnessing the season change with the menu change. It's exciting!
So meet Brian Starky. He's a cool cook!
I respect his opinion when it comes to how food should taste.
If he says it's delicious. It's DELICIOUS!
I respect his opinion when it comes to how food should taste.
If he says it's delicious. It's DELICIOUS!

And the crazy lady below is Acacia O'boyle. O boy O'boyle!
She's the craziest and probably the fastest person I've ever worked with.
You turn around and the next minute she got a sturgeon mousse together, ready to be piped in fragile fried canolis. Not to mention she sneaked out and smoked a cigarette in between prep work.
We got along well and worked very well together too! We set up a station without really talking. We can mentally communicate! She's half Filipina so sometimes we I call her my other half.
We seem to be like 2 people with the same person. Well, we were born on the same day, 5 years and 50,000 miles apart.
We're planning on getting our own thing going.
Frenchy Filipino cuisine and we'll call it Chez Pinay!
She's the craziest and probably the fastest person I've ever worked with.
You turn around and the next minute she got a sturgeon mousse together, ready to be piped in fragile fried canolis. Not to mention she sneaked out and smoked a cigarette in between prep work.
We got along well and worked very well together too! We set up a station without really talking. We can mentally communicate! She's half Filipina so sometimes we I call her my other half.
We seem to be like 2 people with the same person. Well, we were born on the same day, 5 years and 50,000 miles apart.
We're planning on getting our own thing going.
Frenchy Filipino cuisine and we'll call it Chez Pinay!

No comments:
Post a Comment