It's one of those days when I just want to throw pans and post everywhere. Pull my apron. Walk out and say, I quit!
But I'm a better person than that. I don't walk out of fallen souffles or overcooked fish. I deal with the problem and fix it.
So I got over it and stayed. Besides, it will reflect on me as a person, more than just as a cook, to not be able to deal with, in kitchen terms, 'crap.' I just try to make the most out of the situation by making the best plate I've ever made one after the other... the tallest souffle that has ever risen in the oven one after the other, the most perfectly cooked scallop they ever tasted, the best seared foie I ever threw in a smoking hot pan.
I'm a cook! Not a quitter! That to some is an entire profession.
No comments:
Post a Comment