So what happened between New York and California.
To make the long story short, I did love working at the Spice Market. I got to cook fish which I really enjoyed. I was able to work the Saute station, which used to be an all-man station until moi. That was really fun too. I've encountered a few sexist remarks but, it comes with it.
I enjoyed New York, a lot! But for some reason, I just had to do this. I just had to go to California and work with Chef P. I've been asking myself what the compelling reason for the move is, I really couldn't find anything concrete. Somehow, I just have to.
Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm one to follow my heart. So I did.
The transition was pretty sharp too. I had to go to work on my last day in New York. And I had to go to work almost immediately after arriving in California.
I felt like I just broke down my station in New York and woke up working another station, except it's across the country rather than simply across the kitchen.
And then it just got too busy, too busy to write a line or two to share my day to my friends and family abroad that I hardly get to talk to. The only way they find out what's going on with me is through my ramblings on my blog.
So now I'm back, catching up on blog backlogs. This time though, I'll share more recipes, tips and tricks and a few food trivia that I picked up here and there.
No comments:
Post a Comment