Friday, May 19, 2006

Managing A Busy Day

This seems to have been a really busy day for me. I think it's so far the busiest throughout the course of my internship at Aqua

I got my list of projects to do for the day. It's not a long list but most of them take quite a bit of time not to mention they all involve cooking. Among the items on my list were to prep for Blini, Onion Tarts and the Potato Goat Cheese Terrine. On top of that, I also had some set up stuff to do.

I actually got asked if I had a lot to do and I must admit, I did. The Blini battter had to be made but I'm just so glad I already did the base the night before. I just have to get it ready for service. The onion tarts project was a little problematic. I didn't have braised onions to begin with.

The Terinne is something I have to work on really fast because it takes a while and I can't exactly multi task while working on it.

And I only had about 2 hours to work on everything. Jay, Aqua's PM Sous Chef asked me if I'm ok because I seem to have a lot to do. I said I think I'll be fine. I wasn't very confident initially but I want to be able to manage.

And whew! Thanks to all the green tea I drank in the morning, I was able to work faster than I ever did.

I was set up on time. I managed. It felt good.

3 comments:

bocceli said...

Galing galing!!! :) When I'm in the US, I'll ring yah. Wanna see you doing your thang!

bocceli said...

just go to where you make your blog entries. there should be a Templates tab somewhere there. There's an update template functionality. :)

gwenny14 said...

galing nams!!! :) you're born to do this!