Monday, May 22, 2006

Crossing Crazy 'Cisco

I haven't gotten a chance to explore the beautiful city of San Francisco. I did the touristy stuff a few years ago with Tito Jojo which is pretty much a day at Pier 39. Believe it or not, I haven't even seen the Golden Gate Bridge. So I guess that gives me a good excuse be touristy, in one way or another.

They have an anual fun run in San Francisco though called Bay-to-Breakers where people run (or walk) from the Bay to the breakwaters of the Pacific Ocean, that is, from what they call the Embarcadero to the Golden Gate Park!

I thought I'd do it just for fun, after all it's a fun run! I didn't have to run, a number of people just walked but I stepped up and tried to run. I knew my muscles will be all sore the next day but I wanted to finish the race and finish well.

I owe myself some exercise and sight seeing so this presented itself as an opportunity!


The Course

I didn't see a lot of San Francisco but I definitely saw a lot of San Franciscans

Crazy ones!


Like THIS crazy!!


'Nudists on strike!?!'

I had a great time! I finished the race in 1 hr 33 min.

The race ended at the Golden Gate Park. We ran to the beach and soaked our legs in ice cold water. I wasn't able to quite keep up with Kuya Jay but I, at least, acheived my goals of finishing the race and seeing the city.

I still didn't see the Golden Gate Bridge, apparently it's not visible from the Golden Gate Park. I guess I just found another excuse to go touristy, or maybe go for another run?

-----------------

Sunday, May 21 - 8:00 am
COURSE DESCRIPTION:
ING Bay to Breakers is a 12K (7.46 miles) course. From sea level at the Embarcadero the course rises steeply along Hayes Street Hill. Around the 2.5-mile mark runners climb an 11.15% grade between Fillmore and Steiner, bringing them to the highest point in the race, approximately 215 feet above sea level. The remainder of the course gradually flows downhill alongside the Panhandle and through Golden Gate Park.

No comments: