Friday, March 23, 2007

Angels: Kristine and Deric

Kristine and Deric have been such great inspiration to me. I spent a few weeks at their home in downtown Chicago while I was going thru the last couple of weeks of school... which was a difficult period for me because, 1 - I can't wait to go back to work, and 2- there was too much pressure to finish well.

They allowed me to spend time with them like a family, would give me bits and pieces of advise that may seem small... but really, they made such a big difference in my life. Chicago, is my city of Angels. Derick and Kristine are just 2 of them.

Thanks Kristine and Deric... for keeping me on my toes, or maybe on my clogs? ... for letting me stay at your place thru the cold cold days of winter... for picking me up from school on stormy nights... for taking me out to chinese food whenever we find an excuse to celebrate... for taking me to Smoke Daddy for BBQ and taking me back for you know what... or was it, you know who? haha... I love you both!

Smoke Daddy was pretty good actually. The BBQ wasn't THAT smokey but it was great VFM! Love the Ribs and the Corn Bread and the Slaw...very grain-mustardy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are always welcome in our love nest.

We just tried Cafe Iberico,next time we'll bring you there.Enough of Chinese food pleeeease.

-deric and kristine-

Namee said...

I love Cafe Iberico! On La Salle? That's like my first love in Chicago... maybe next to hooters! Cheap Sangria! Dapat lang because they come from boxed wines... their octopus thing is my favorite! Taralets bagetz!