1 - There's so much to learn
2 - There's too little time
It's timely that I'm reading Jacques Pepin's 'The Apprentice: My Life In The Kitchen.' It helps me put things into perspective. Especially in moments when I feel like throwing away my apron in frustration.

Simply written. Very real. Truely Inspiring. I love it.
A few of my favorite quotes:
"My six-year-old's imagination filled in the rest of the details. Enourmous plow horses. Fat, grunting pigs. Dairy cows with sharp horns and swollen, swaying udders. All manner of fowl: chickens, ducks, geese. Dogs and cats. In short, heaven."
"I love the very things Roland dreamed of escaping. The hurly-burly noise of the kitchen. The heat. The sweat. The bumping of bodies.. The raised voices. The constant rush of adrenaline...I belonged... More than anything in the world, I wanted to be a chef."
And how fortunate is an apprentice to meet 'The Apprentice.'
"My six-year-old's imagination filled in the rest of the details. Enourmous plow horses. Fat, grunting pigs. Dairy cows with sharp horns and swollen, swaying udders. All manner of fowl: chickens, ducks, geese. Dogs and cats. In short, heaven."
"I love the very things Roland dreamed of escaping. The hurly-burly noise of the kitchen. The heat. The sweat. The bumping of bodies.. The raised voices. The constant rush of adrenaline...I belonged... More than anything in the world, I wanted to be a chef."
And how fortunate is an apprentice to meet 'The Apprentice.'

No comments:
Post a Comment