Sunday, January 29, 2006

Winter Warmth

This weekend is quite busy. I have tons of work to do for school and I feel like I won't be able to sleep. I get panick attacks just looking at the things I have to do. It's quite overwhelming.

So I decided to take a bit of a break just to get my mind off school work.

I couldn't get anything done yesterday because I was still so stressed out from my Advanced Skills class where we are being trained to work under pressure. There seems to be way too much pressure I feel like breaking down.

When I got home, I did some cleaning, did the laundry, took a bath, got my stuff organized and took a nap.

Later that night, I dolled up for a night out with my Chicago family: Cindy and Kc Corcuera for thier cousin Ritchie's big birthday, his 30th at Transit. I saw some of their friends I've met before and I met some new people too. I think that was good. I'm glad I went. They're good company and it was nice meeting new people too.

When I woke up. I took a bath, I looked at the stuff I had to do. It's overwhelming! I was able to get some of it a little more organized so I should get my papers done faster. But still, I was SOOOO stressed out! Freaking out! Panicking! I wasn't ready to get going yet.

I felt like I needed to go out. Get some fresh air. A company of friends would help too.

My friend and classmate in school called me. She said I need to take some time out to relax. Maybe then I can work better.

She and her husband Derick picked me and took me out to lunch at a small Thai restaurant on Taylor st. We had a good meal of Pad See-ew, Tom Yum and Basil Chicken... My Thai staple at Singha. They brought me home. I got a few more things done.

Charley, a friend from Manila called me. She's in town from Urbana (she's now going to UofI, Champagne taking part of her MA degree). I met her up at the Greyhound station on Harrison and Clinton sts. We walked around. Tried to catch up on each other's life. We sat down for Coffee. Talk some more.

Later we met up with another friend, Vicky whom we both know from Manila. She and her boyfriend Mike treated us to Dinner at Greek Islands on Jackson and Halsted sts. We had great Greek food sampler. We finished it off with Greek coffee. Heavenly!

Good Friends. Good Food. Good Coffee. Good Times. Brings me warmth in the winter.

Just when I thought my weekend will be a stressful disaster, God showers me with great friends, even if I only had a couple of hours for to take a break! I think I had a GREAT weekend after all!

Now I'm ready to write my papers now. Back to work.

No comments: