Sunday, February 27, 2005

A Very Long Day

Friday, 25/02/2005
I had a long relaxing lunch with Tito Jojo and Tita Ging. We had a pleasant late lunch at M Cafe. We had Cod Kofta skewered in Lemon Grass, Laksa with Salmon and Oriental Mushroom Risotto. For dessert, we indulged in heavenly creamy Lanka Sansrival, sinfully delicious Choco Nut Chocolate Cake and exotically refreshing Ice cream sandwhich with had guava sorbet and ginger gelato squeezed between choco coconut cookies! Yum.

And then my long day starts.

I ran errands at National Bookstore to get supplies we'll probably need for our Boston trip. I got some folders and papers for our corporate portfolios as well as a couple of balik bayan boxes for the shoe samples we'll transport.

Afterwards, I went to the internet cafe in Greenbelt to check my email for other things that Brian much need for Boston or New York. I also did a little bit of Market Research on the Footware Industry in Japan and in the US. It's frustrating though that I coudn't find anything useful. The good ones are either for sale or had non working links... aaargh.

I just went home to rest. Can't move.Stressed out. Can't sleep. I was just staring at the ceiling the whole time thinking what else I might need to prepare. I can't think of anything. I felt aweful enough that I couldn't help Angel much on our financials because, one, I don't much about finance, and even if I want to help her with the balance sheet at the very least, i'm totally disfunctional without a notebook. Having one for 4 years made me develop some dependency on the machine.

Thank God, Dan finally called for dinner. Another thing that was stressing me out was that I felt I didn't have enough money for the trip because 1-I really don't have much to spare without putting a dent on my savings, 2-i spent some of my savings to put together some capital for our shoe company, 3-I had plans of getting a notebook while in the US. Thus, the state of feeling-i-don't-have money.

I had a fun dinner with Alba and Jack, Lao and Lazy :) We went to Hap Chan, ONE of our favorite Chinese food place (along with North Park, Next Door and Tianenmen Square) where we would typically order Soy Tofu, Brocolli and Garlic Fish Fillet. This time, we had Salted Spicey Tofu and Salted Spicey Squid, Prawns with Brocolli and Fish Fillet of course. That was a good change. I had a good meal. We all headed home after. In as much as I wanted to hangout with the gang. I had to pack.

ta-di-da-di-da, ta-di-da-di-da... I seriously didn't know what to pack. I know it's gonna be cold but I didn't want to bring too many clothes. To stressed out I decided to rest.

At 1030 pm, I asked Dan to help me pick up the shoes from Angel's house in Pasig. One of our suppliers couldn't make it on time, as expected, we waited till after midnight to get the shoes.

I got home at about 130 am already. I barely prepared the stuff I needed to pack. Considering I had to arrange my stuff among the shoes we'll be brining. We're bringing approximately 30 pairs of shoes. Angel and I had to split the left shoe and the right shoe in order to declare them as samples with no value.

My flight was at 650 am which means I have to be at the airport at 350 am which means I had to be ready by 330 which means I didn't have time to rest anymore.

Whew! I did a marathon packing not sure if I brought enough warm clothes for the tail end of winter which will still bring quite a lot of snow. I was rushing too much I forgot the stuff I was to bring for other people. Good grief

No comments: